Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Friday 29 December 2017

Hotel Breezes Varadero or Hotel Los Cactus (Varadero)

                     I stayed in this hotel in 2016 but never posted my thoughts about it until now. At that time the hotel was known as Superclubs Breezes Varadero but while looking it up on the internet for the address, it would direct me to Hotel Los Cactus. The pictures for this hotel were the same, the hotel has changed hands and is now owned solely by Cubanacan, completely Cuban.
                     Firstly, I have to tell you that I had originally booked the Junior Suite and was expecting a better room to begin with but when I arrived to claim my reservation I was told by the manager that my room wasn't going to be ready due to undisclosed reasons. Before I was able to explode my displeasure, she hit me with a bump to a Suite....too bad it was only for 2 nights.
                    The grounds were well maintained and clean and the staff was pleasant. Nice beach and not too far from where our room was but can be a bit of a hike if you're staying at the far end of this hotel. The food was decent with a pretty good variety at the buffet but the a la carte restaurant we went too was pretty bad. The Suite itself was great, although I don't think it would have been worth the price. Would I return to this hotel? If the opportunity arose and the price was right, I wouldn't mind returning here. However, no cigar smoking allowed anywhere around public spaces, only out front of the hotel, that sucks for me.

Adults only (12+)

Hotel Los Cactus
Carretera Las Americas Km 3 1/2,
Varadero, Matanzas, Cuba
































No comments:

Post a Comment