Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Friday 28 November 2014

Harley Davidson In Cuba

                 In my life a lot of things happen as a coincidence, being at a certain place at a certain time sort of thing. While in Trinidad I needed to visit a hotel at Playa Ancon so I flagged down a taxi in the town of Trinidad to take me there. Of all the times the driver chooses to get gasoline, he decides to stop while I, his fare, is in the car. But this particular inconvenience proved to be a terrific find because lo and behold stopped at the gas station at the same time were a bunch of Harley-Davidson's....yes, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had heard about there being a popular group of Harley lover/owners and how they take a trip from Havana to Varadero once a year but this wasn't them. These bikes looked newer than what I had imagined. I spoke briefly with someone who stepped-up, Michael, who told me he was the Tour Leader. The motorcycles ranged in years from 2004-2010 and were being driven by a group from Austria. Michael spoke English as well as his native Cuban and told me there are 14 bikes in total that could be rented. It looked like 7-8 were being used at this time. I don't ride motorcycles myself but some people have asked me about it in regards to Cuba, so I'm posting this for them. The name of the Agency in Cuba is called 'Tours Caribe', I listed everything below. Don't ask me how they have these new Harley....they just have them.


Tours Caribe
Michael - Tour Leader
Cell (5)281-1848
http://tourscaribe.com/?page_id=494







Michael the Tour Leader










No comments:

Post a Comment