Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Monday 16 June 2014

Bacardi Building (Havana)

                  The Bacardi Building in Havana, as the name implies, was once owned by the Bacardi Company when it existed in Cuba. The twelve story Art Deco building was completed in 1930 and at the time was the tallest building in Havana. After the revolution Bacardi left the island and the building was used for offices. As with many of the buildings in Cuba, time has not be good to them and many have fallen into disrepair, including the Bacardi Building. Renovations began in 2001 and were completed in 2003 but it seems to me that they're still underway from time to time. I've tried to go to the top floor on several occasions through the last few years and was always told that they're under renovations. Recently a friend visited and told me he was allowed to go up. A few months later, last month, when I tried again, I was told once again that it was under renovations. Well, not this time, I bribed the attendant and went up anyway. Just as I had thought, the views of the city are wonderful. Below are some of the pictures I took while I was there. I hope you enjoy them.


































No comments:

Post a Comment