Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Saturday 3 November 2012

Partagas (Havana) Update

                 It's been a few days since my last post on this topic. I've been waiting to hear about what's going on at the store in Abel's absence. I have it from a reliable source that the new director of the Partagas store has been chosen. Rene Valdes Miller from Romeo y Julieta will be the new director and is taking over the preparations for the Encuentro. That means that yes, there will be an Encuentro de Partagas happening this November with Rene at the helm.
                 The Welcome Cocktail (and dinner) will be at the Habana Cafe which is in the Melia Cohiba Hotel and the Gala Dinner will be in the Salon de Embajadores in the Hotel Habana Libre. I've not heard anything about the middle two events but those of you who have been to the Encuentros know that could change at a moments notice anyway. However, someone has just told me that the Dia del Campo has been set as well. It will be on the 22nd at the Centro Ecuestre del Ecologico Parque.
                  As far as the Partagas store goes....the authorities have finished with investigating the shop and it has been re-opened. Everything is running as usual with all the regular staff back at work. Abel has not been heard from. I have yet to speak to anyone from store one-on-one but will be doing that soon. I will let you know if anything else comes up.



Welcome Cocktail (Encuentro de Partagas)



Beach day (Encuentro de Partagas)





Dia del Campo


Friends for Life (Gala Dinner - Encuentro de Partagas)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I leave the US Embassy here in Afghanistan Wed and to havana Sat and will be meeting my attorney to look into the matter. See all of u at partagas week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for me Robert and say hello please. Thank You

    ReplyDelete