Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Behike 54 (review)

                The big moment, the night I'd been looking forward to for a while. The night I crack open the box of Behike 54s. It was a perfect occasion. I had a friend from Cuba in town on business so we had him over for steak dinner with red wine and a sampling of Rums for the after dinner cigars. I had my first Behike this past june in Havana. It was one of the 56s that were handed out durning the february 2011 Habanos Festival. I was curious to taste the difference. The 54 was exquisite. A full bodied, complex smoke, very easy to smoke, a little firm but burned pretty evenly most of the way. Smoked it down to the last inch. Reminded me a little of the Cohiba Sublime from a few years ago. So the question is, is it worth the $100cnd price tag. Personally, I wouldn't pay $100 for this cigar but will definitely buy more boxes at Cuba prices ($30-35cnd) the next trip to Havana.
If you have a chance and it doesn't bust your bank, I would try one.











No comments:

Post a Comment