Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Monday 11 July 2011

Castropol (restaurant review)

            A couple of trips ago I discovered a restaurant that just opened. It's located right on the Malecon, close to Prado. You can't miss it. In contrast to all the dull grey buildings around it, the restaurant is painted bright yellow. It has two levels, both with a differnt menu. The upstairs is more international where as the lower is the grill. I haven't eaten upstairs yet but want to reserve a table on the terrazza overlooking the ocean one night. The lowel level I enjoy very much & keep going back. I've had the chicken, rabbit & steak for my main courses. Although all were good, I preferred the chicken. For an appetizer I had the octopus. It was great the first time but not the second. It's such a difficult dish to prepare. I'll try something different next time.
The service was great and it has a very pleasant atmosphere. You're in the courtyard of a building 
Great value; 2 people, drinks , bottle of wine, apps, maincourses, dessert & coffee, about 50cuc.
 












         























No comments:

Post a Comment